Sunday, July 28, 2013

Paid To Dream: Why I envy myself each day


Pressed Ctrl + H, Found what: Work. Replaced with: LOVE.  Done already.

They say “Do what you love/love what you do”, how about a curry with both the spices? In the midst of a sudden realisation, I just figured out that it has been over 3 months since I have donned the formal hat of doing things, suit boot and blah…errrr… or is it? 

The time when it takes more than 20 minutes just to explain what I do exactly to the time I wait for the next day for the services to begin, I am not solely living a dream but being paid for it, a combination that can fume the jealously and burn the pants cent percent.
But let’s roll back for the time being.

The twilight of January 19/20, 2013 when I was inside an interview room (which I only realised when I walked out- as it was all about talking passion, the dream to create new things and the will to change the game forever) to the time when I saw the sun rise in front of my eyes empowering the twilight to distribute the bright light of hope, to when I heard a dusky voice in the backdrop, “We have an offer. Anshul Kumar is selected for HES”, my life has changed ever since. 


“Human Experience Strategy(HES)” in MBA parlance is nothing more than cracking insights to be sold to brands but as an experience it is much more in totality. It is LOVE that can change the way you think about people around, about things and the very existence of humanity; can bury your stereotypes and leave you astonished for how the world has changed and evolved; but more importantly it will teach you who you are as a person; the subtlety of the same thing is equivalent to meeting God. Each day. Each moment.
The genesis of every single marketing strategy that was ever crafted was to make money not by making fools but by uplifting a human experience somewhere. I strategise the same by knowing why we do what we do and then sell the same to brands to enable them change the equation of their maths. 

Travelling to places, talking to new people each day, going to work in the same torn jeans I wore to classroom B2 during my MBA; has also made me realise that money is not the only thing that we work for after all. We work for a bigger motive of having a peaceful mind and closing the eyes each night not apprehensive of next day’s LOVE but a wait that kills you.  Recently someone pointed out that I have a heavy tummy suddenly after being stick thin all my life, and the reason for same is not over eating food but over eating happiness. Thought provoking, I must say.

Writing a contempo article for a youth magazine, I realised that I may/may not inspire any with my LOVE but I certainly inspire myself each day. Not often you float being envy of yourself. But if you do, there is a purpose for your living.

Signing off
A Human first. A Human Experience Strategist second.

No comments:

Post a Comment